Skin protects the body from injury and is a bulwark against bacterial infections, viruses, and fungi. Heat loss and heat storage arranged through vasodilation of skin blood vessels or sweat glands secretion. If skin surface is damaged then, an important body fluid will evaporate and electrolytes will be lost within a few hours.
There are several types of skin cancer. Skin cancer that forms in melanocytes (skin cells that make pigment) is called melanoma. Skin cancer that forms in squamous cells (flat cells that form the surface of the skin) is called squamous cell carcinoma. Skin cancer that forms in the lower part of the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) is called basal cell carcinoma. Skin cancer that forms in neuroendocrine cells (cells that release hormones in response to signals from the nervous system) is called neuroendocrine carcinoma of the skin.
Sunlight is a major cause of skin cancer. Changes in the ozone layer caused by pollutants such as chlorofluorocarbon pollution, for those who got the ith therapy uses x-rays also cause skin cancer.
Increase in skin cancers are caused by changes in lifestyle, habits of people to sunbathe and do activities in the sun.
Another cause could be found, from skin cancer include:
- Due to genetic factors.
- Deficiency in the production of melanin pigment in the skin.
- Coming into contact with certain chemicals, such as arsenic compounds, nitrate, coal, asphalt and paraffin.
- Exposure X-ray and medical industries.
Wet cell carcinoma incidence, based on the amount of melanin pigment in the epidermis and the old total direct exposure to the sun, the sailors and farmers for example, and are often exposed to the sun such as the face, head and neck.
Spectrum of sunlight, which are carcinogenic, are light wavelength range between 280-320 nm and other causes irradiation with light - x, facto genetic but such rare albino and xeroderma pigmentosum.
Spectrum of the sun is what makes skin burn and become damaged (skin color changes to brown).
- The form of skin disorders like moles, the shape is not symmetrical or the shape has no edges that are not equal to each other.
- Moles, who has more than one color color. Moles usually have a dark brown color. When seen have a dark brown color and looks to have some red, white, black or dice should be more vigilant.
- Moles uneven or faded.
- The mole with a diameter more than 6 mm should be checked.
- When the changes as painful inflamed bleed easily should consult a physician.
Skin Cancer Prevention
- Do not try to make the sun quickly yellowish brown skin, if your skin burn easily.
- Avoid unnecessary sun, especially when UV radiation occurs.
- Do not let sunburn because UV rays.
- Apply sunscreen skin protection preparations if you have to bask under the hot sun. This preparation will prevent the sun's harmful rays.
- Apply sunscreen preparations exposed to the sun again after a long time.
- Use a lip moisturizer containing ata ligloss reparat sunscreen with a high SPF number.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing (eg, hat, long-sleeved shirt).
- Do not use a heating lamp to make the skin a yellowish brown.
Skin Cancer Nursing Management
Because many skin cancers removed with excision of action, ran nurses are:
- Relieves pain and discomfort.
- Provision of appropriate analgesics.
- Relieves anxiety.
- Patient education and home care considerations.