Basic Principles of Nursing Management - In the world of nursing course, the implementation of nursing management is one of the main things that affect all of the nursing process. And nursing actions and all things related to nursing can not be separated from these nursing management. This time of Nursing blog will try to share a little about the management of nursing and hopefully useful and can provide benefits.
The process in accordance with the nursing management of open systems approach in which each of the components are interrelated and interact and be influenced by the environment. Because it is a system that will consist of five elements of input, process, output, control and feedback mechanisms.
Input from the nursing management among other information, personnel, equipment and facilities. The process in nursing management is the manager of the highest level of nursing management to implementing nurse have a duty and authority for planning, organizing, directing and monitoring the implementation of the nursing service. Output is nursing care, staff development and research.
Controls used in the budget process, including nursing management of the nursing, nursing job performance evaluations, standards and accreditation procedures. Feedback mechanism in the form of financial statements, audit of nursing, quality control and performance survey of nurses.
The principles underlying nursing management are:
1. Nursing management should be based on planning because through the planning, leaders can reduce the risk of decision-making, effective problem solving and planning.
2. Nursing management implemented through effective use of time. Nursing managers who appreciate the time will develop a well-rounded program planning and implementing activities in accordance with a pre-determined time.
3. Nursing management will involve decision making. Various situations and problems that occur in the management of nursing activities require decision making at various managerial levels.
4. Meet the nursing care needs of patients is the focus of attention of the nurse manager to consider what the patient saw, thought, believe and desire. Patient satisfaction is the main point of the whole purpose of nursing.
5. Nursing management should be organized. Organizing conducted in accordance with the needs of the organization to achieve goals.
6. The briefing is an element of nursing management activities covering the delegation, supervision, coordination and control of the implementation of the plans that have been organized.
7. Good nursing division motivate employees to demonstrate a good working performance.
8. Nursing management using effective communication. Effective communication will reduce misunderstandings and provide shared vision, direction and understanding among employees.
9. Staff development is important to be implemented as a preparatory effort implementing nurses occupy a higher position or manager attempts to improve employee knowledge.
10. Control is an element of nursing management that includes an assessment of the implementation of the plan has been created, providing instruction and establish principles - principles through standard-setting, comparing performance with standards and correct deficiencies.
Leadership in Nursing