Nursing Diagnosis: Knowledge Deficit
After nursing intervention, increased client knowledge.
Knowledge: Illness Care
- Knowing diet
- The disease process
- Energy Conservation
- Control of infection
- Activities recommended
- Procedure of treatment
- Health resources
- Disease management
Teaching: Dissease Process
- Assess the level of knowledge of the client and family about the disease process.
- Describe the pathophysiology of the disease, signs and symptoms and possible causes.
- Provide information about the condition of the client.
- Prepare the client's family or the people who mean the information about the client's development.
- Provide information on the diagnosis of the client
- Discuss lifestyle changes that may be needed to prevent complications in the future, and or control the disease process.
- Discuss the choice of therapy or treatment.
- Explain the reason for the implementation of the action or therapy.
- Encourage clients to explore options or obtain alternative.
- Describe complications that may occur.
- Encourage clients to prevent side effects of the disease.
- Dig resources or support available.
- Instruct the client to report signs and symptoms to health care workers.
- Collaboration with other teams.