If there is formaldehyde in the snack product (in this case is not wrapped), it is most likely derived from:
- Additional Materials Food or other materials mixed in the process.
- Containers problematic process, meaning that it contains formaln.
- Formalin deliberately given by the manufacturer.
Know that formalin also called formol or formaldehyde solution, which is an aqueous solution containing about 37 percent by weight or 40 percent by volume of the compound formaldehyde (HCHO) and 6-13 percent metahnol.
Methanol is used to reduce formaldehyde solution stabilizer and prevents the formation of formaldehyde polymerization into paraformaldehid buildup.
Formalin Material Characteristics:
- Not color.
- Smelling sharp.
- Sense of burning.
- Preservatives body.
- Sterilize room (fumigation).
1. Formalin that enter the body.
- Poisoning body.
- Stomach irritation.
- Central nervous system disorders.
- At high levels can lead to failure of blood circulation.
- Causes eye irritation.
- Trigger bronchitis.
- Respiratory Tract disturbed.
- Taste like burning.
Therefore, if using formalin, need protection so skin contact is not direct.
The food was preserved with formalin, of course banned for dangerous and damaging to human health.
Recognize the characteristics of foods containing formalin.
To identify foods that contain formaldehyde include:
- Looks more springy when pressed.
- Fish or meat seemed more rigid.
- It smells stimulate the nose.
- Flies are not willing to settle on foods containing formalin.